2018 Zhejiang Lab International Young Talent Forum is Inviting Global Talents!
Artificial intelligence and network information technology are profoundly affecting every aspect of today's world, are becoming a powerful driving force for people to stride forward to the future, and this is also a great cause for young people who devote themselves to creating the future world. Aiming at two key areas and grasping the future direction, Zhejiang Lab formally issued the "2018 Zhejiang Lab International Young Talent Forum" invitation letter, inviting global talents who devote themselves to change the world and to create the future gathering in a meeting, with showing the top research results, discussing relevant research topics, and having diverse ideas collide in this artificial intelligence and network information high-end young talent academic exchange open platform.
This forum will be consisted of top scientists’ presentations, academic seminars, and visiting etc. It will focus on the frontier research fields of artificial intelligence and network information, promoting the communication of young talents and enhancing the cooperation among different research fields.
In two days, young researchers from different countries will listen to the presentations of the leading scientists or researchers from the academia and the industry, join with other students to discuss about the technology life of the future, experience the cutting-edge scientific and technological achievements, as well as have the opportunity to learn about the research work at Zhejiang Lab.
1. Agenda (Detailed agenda may be adjusted)
Time: October 20th– 21st2018
Forum Check in
Opening Ceremony and
Speech by Lab Director ZHU Shiqiang
General introduction to Zhejiang Lab and
1.Presentation by Dr. ZHANG Dan (The chief scientist of intelligent robots research center at Zhejiang Lab, Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering)
2.Presentation by an expert from Alibaba group
3.Presentation by an expert from the field of AI
Academic Seminars (Representatives from Zhejiang Lab and universities)
Welcome Party (After dinner)
Zhejiang Lab and enterprises visiting
3. Requirements for participants
The forum is inviting students from relevant academic research areas to participate, students who meet the following requirements could submit resumes and apply for attending the forum. The lab will screen students based on the relevancy of academic background, research capabilities etc., and will send email invitations to students who passed the screening.
1) Doctoral students from major universities or postgraduates with excellent scientific research ability;
2) The major of study is in the following fields: artificial intelligence, computer science and technology, information security, information and communication engineering, software engineering, mechanical design and manufacturing, mechatronics, circuits and systems, electrical and electronic engineering, control science, mathematics, statistics, etc.;
3) Excellent academic and scientific research abilities, with scientific research results are preferred.
4. Subsidy for travel
If you sign up for the event and receive the invitation letter from Zhejiang Lab, you will receive the travel subsidy during the meeting with the invitation. According to the financial policy (per lab regulations, airfares are limited to the economy class, the high-speed train is limited to the second-class seats). The lab provides free accommodation during the forum.
5. Registration and contact information
Please click to download and fill out the application formApplication form (Forum 2018).docx, send both the completed application form and a resume/CV to the email below.
Contacts: Ms. Cao, Ms. Su
Address: Building 10, 1818 West Wenyi Rd., Artificial Intelligence Town, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
We look forward to your participation!
Introduction to Zhejiang Lab
Jointly established by Zhejiang Provincial Government, Zhejiang University and Alibaba Group, guided by national objectives and strategic demands, Zhejiang Lab centers on tackling major scientific missions and building large-scale scientific infrastructure, focusing on network information and artificial intelligence. Zhejiang Lab plans and pushes forward innovations with a global vision, assembles and aggregates high-quality innovation resources from universities and institutes both at home and abroad and central and private enterprises, to build a novel scientific and research institution to pursue breakthroughs, to take the lead and to act as a platform with an ultimate goal of becoming a national laboratory.
1. High starting point, high-level platform: Zhejiang Lab was jointly established by Zhejiang Provincial Government, Zhejiang University, and Alibaba Group as China’s first public institution of mixed ownership directly under provincial government.
2. Learn from top scientists: Zhejiang Lab’s Academic Advisory Committee consists of 33 members among whom there are academicians, IEEE Fellows, ACM Fellows from home and abroad. Academician PAN Yunhe and Academician WU Jiangxing take the chairs as the chief scientists of artificial intelligence and network security.
3. Opportunities for growth: Young researchers and scientists at Zhejiang Lab will be able to directly participate in international research projects, or define a project and set up an innovative team of their own. The lab provides sufficient funding and various support while follow the scientific research laws to carry out the result assessment, so that our young scientists may undertake research without distractions.
4. Compensation and benefits: The salary structure system is established by reference to that of first-line Internet companies, and our employees enjoy the benefits by reference to those of a public institution.